From The Five Behaviours of a Cohesive Team™, here are five ways to build trust within your team:
- Transparency – Be candid and let your colleagues know what’s going on behind the scenes (within reason), even when it’s difficult.
- Vulnerability – Get to know each other better as human beings, and although it might be uncomfortable at first, try to open up about where you’re coming from or how you’re feeling.
- Sincerity – Make sure your actions align with your words, and your dedication to your team members is heartfelt-because they can tell when it isn’t.
- Authenticity – Always stay true to yourself and your values while still being conscientious of others’ needs.
- Empathy – Remember that we all make mistakes or have bad days, and strive to be understanding even when your instinct is to challenge or dismiss.