Everything DiSC Work of Leaders lays out a clear path for helping leaders at all levels make the connection between their DiSC® personality style and their leadership style. Bringing together best practices from 300 experts in over 150 organizations, the important work of the most prominent scholars, and over four years of additional research and development, this all-inclusive training program approaches leadership as a one-to-many relationship. With one unified model of leadership—vision, alignment, and execution—it focuses on helping leaders understand their own leadership styles and how their tendencies influence their effectiveness in specific leadership situations.
Each learner will receive a 23-page leader-specific personality profile report which provides detailed context-specific feedback based on the three-step Vision, Alignment, and Execution Model, which includes feedback on the three drivers and 18 behavioural continua, associated with each step.
- Vision: The work of leaders includes crafting a vision of new possibilities for the future through exploration, boldness, and testing assumptions.
- Alignment: Leaders build alignment by communicating with clarity, engaging in dialogue, and providing inspiration, so everyone is moving in the same direction.
- Execution: Leaders need to champion execution through momentum, structure, and feedback, to enable the group to capitalize on its talents while making the vision a reality.
Leadership Development: Everything DiSC Work of Leaders Learning Objectives
By the end of Everything DiSC Work of Leaders, presented in a workshop format that involves group discussions, activities, and videos, participants will:
- Complete a research-validated, online assessment.
- Recognize the priorities and tendencies, based on their own DiSC style, that shape their approach to the fundamental work of leaders: creating a vision, building alignment around that vision, and championing execution of the vision.
- Explore in detail how to play to their strengths and overcome challenges to improve their leadership effectiveness.
- Identify strategies to develop preferred behaviors based on context-specific best practice.
Everything DiSC Work of Leaders Training Outline
Module 1: Introduction to the Work of Leaders
Explores how DiSC® styles inform the role of leaders and introduces the eight priorities of the Everything DiSC® Leadership Map.
Module 2: Vision
Examines the defining elements of a vision, the behaviors associated with its three drivers—exploration, boldness, testing assumptions—and challenges learners to discover the advantages and disadvantages of their tendencies in this area.
Module 3: Alignment
Examines the defining elements of alignment, the behaviors associated with its three drivers—clarity, dialogue, inspiration—and challenges learners to discover the advantages and disadvantages of their tendencies in this area.
Module 4: Execution
Examines the defining elements of execution, the behaviors associated with its three drivers—momentum, structure, feedback—and challenges learners to discover the advantages and disadvantages of their tendencies in this area.
Module 5: Action Planning
Role playing interview simulation engages learners in identifying their strengths and challenges in each of the three key areas of the Work of Leaders model and, selecting one key challenge area, crafting a complete action plan for improvement.
Everything DiSC Work of Leaders Profile
The Everything DiSC Work of Leaders Profile focuses on understanding how your tendencies influence your effectiveness with specific leadership drivers and best practices, including:
- Exploration (Remaining Open, Prioritizing the Big Picture)
- Boldness (Being Adventurous, Speaking Out)
- Testing Assumptions (Seeking Counsel, Exploring Implications)
- Clarity (Explaining Rationale, Structuring Messages)
- Dialogue (Exchanging Perspectives, Being Receptive)
- Inspiration (Being Expressive, Being Encouraging)
- Momentum (Being Driven, Initiating Action)
- Structure (Providing a Plan, Analyzing In-Depth)
- Feedback (Addressing Problems, Offering Praise)
For a sample profile report, please click here: Sample Profile – Everything DiSC Work of Leaders
As well, please review the Research Report – Everything DiSC