The Five Behaviours of a Cohesive Team™ has a simple goal: to facilitate a learning experience that helps professionals and their organizations discover what it takes to build a truly cohesive and effective team. The Five Behaviours of a Cohesive Team profile is grounded in the model described in The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, the internationally best-selling leadership book by Patrick Lencioni. Ninety-seven percent of people who have used the team building model said it will help their team perform better.
The Five Behaviours of a Cohesive Team™ offers both a team assessment and individual assessment. With this program, participants will learn how, as a team, they score on the key components of the model: trust, conflict, commitment, accountability, and results. Additionally, the program is powered by All Types™, a model that helps individuals to understand themselves and others better, and to discover how individual personalities and preferences contribute to the team’s overall success. This combination of actionable, often eye-opening data on the workings of the entire team and each individual, positions teams to more quickly identify and address problems. Using these results, participants will be able to create a better and stronger team.
Who is the Program Designed For?
The Five Behaviours of a Cohesive Team assessment and training are designed for an intact team, who meets on a regular basis, and is collectively responsible for results. The team members are interdependent, sharing common goals as well as the rewards and responsibilities for achieving them.
The Five Behaviours of a Cohesive Team is used to help team members to work together more efficiently and effectively and become a more cohesive team that:
- Makes better, faster decisions.
- Taps into the skills and opinions of all members.
- Avoids wasting time and energy on politics, confusion, and destructive conflict.
- Avoids wasting time talking about the wrong issues and revisiting the same topics over and over again because of a lack of buy-in.
- Creates a competitive advantage.
- Is more fun to be on!
Through the use of activities, video, and discussion, an intact team is lead through the powerful Five Behaviours model, learning and practicing the behaviours that will make the team more cohesive and improve its performance. The program includes the following seven modules, varying in length depending on the needs of the team:
- Module 1 – Introduction: Introduces The Five Behaviours of a Cohesive Team Model.
- Module 2 – Building Trust: Teaches the concept of vulnerability-based trust, when team members are genuinely transparent and honest with one another.
- Module 3 – Mastering Conflict: Helps participants understand the benefits of healthy conflict and engaging in unfiltered, constructive debate of ideas.
- Module 4 – Achieving Commitment: Shows how clarity and buy-in are key to achieving commitment.
- Module 5 – Embracing Accountability: Stresses the importance of peer-to-peer accountability.
- Module 6 – Focusing on Results: Emphasizes that collective results are more important than individual goals.
- Module 7 – Review and Action Plan: Allows participants to review what they’ve learned and to create an action plan to improve the team’s productivity. The ultimate goal of building greater trust, conflict, commitment, and accountability is one thing: the achievement of results.
Make this program work for you:
The modular outline above is easily customizable, with the options of creating an end-to-end teamwork development program or concentrating on specific areas.
For proven case studies, please visit our page: The Five Behaviours of a Cohesive Team Case Studies.
For a sample profile report, please click here: Five Behaviours Samples Report – All Types™
As well, please review the Five Behaviours Research Report
Team Assessment: Take A Video Tour
THE SINGLE MOST COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE IS TEAMWORK